eXpresSew Fashion Workshop is dedicated to teaching every student the basics of sewing with the emphasis on personal creativity and independent workmanship. Depending on class levels, skills covered may include the following:
- Basic techniques for sewing by hand
- Basic techniques for sewing with the use of a sewing machine
- How to cut and iron safely.
- How to follow written sewing instructions and printed pattern pieces.
- How to assemble clothing.
- How to use fiber and fabric as an art medium.
- How to take a plain project and embellish it for a unique look.
- How to change a sewing pattern to create an original design
- How to fit clothing.
Sessions run concurrent with the academic year. All sessions include 2 sewing classes per month. Each class lasts for not less than 2 hours each (minimum instruction 4 hours per month). Every attempt will be made to allow for missed classes within reason. Each class is limited to a maximum of 4 students for personal and thorough instruction.
eXpresSew FASHION WORKSHOP
611 Frederick St., 2nd floor
Hanover PA 17331
Tel. (717) 637-8497